File to be an Elected PCP!
It’s Filing Time! Submit Your SEL-105 Online Now!
If you would like for your voice to be heard in the Washington County Democratic Party, the best way to do that is to become a Precinct Committeeperson. As a Precinct Committeeperson, you can vote on the direction your party takes–you can vote on resolutions, internal party rules, as well as the County Democratic Party platform. And now is the time to file for that position and make sure that your fellow Democrats can vote for you in the May 21st primary election! (Or, if you are already a PCP, file to renew your PCP status!)
In order to be elected as a Washington County Democratic Precinct Committeeperson, you need to have been a member of the Democratic Party as of September 14, 2023–and, of course, you should reside in Washington County. You also have to file a SEL-105 form before March 12, 2024. You can fill out the form online.
(If you do not file your SEL-105 form before March 12 of next year, the alternative is that you can file as a write-in candidate until the 8:00 pm deadline on Election Day, May 21, 2024. In order to file as a write-in candidate, you have to fill out form SEL-105D.)
Become a PCP! It’s simple and it’s empowering!
Check your voter registration here.
Get additional details at the Washington County Elections website.
You can find the most current map of voting precincts here.
Washington County Elections office:
2925 NE Aloclek Drive, Suite 170
Hillsboro, OR 97124
They can also be contacted at 503-846-5800 or email@example.com
Thank you for your involvement in your local community!
Important Deadlines From The Washington County Website:
- September 14, 2023 – First day for Precinct Committeeperson candidates to file for open positions. To appear as a filed candidate on the ballot, elector must be a member of the party as of this date. (250 days before election; ORS 249.037)
- November 23, 2023 – Precinct Committeeperson candidates filing as write-in candidates or nominated as write-in candidates must be registered by this date to qualify as candidates. Precinct Committeeperson candidates whose 18th birthday falls after March 12, 2024 and on or before May 21, 2024 must be registered by this date to qualify as candidates. (180 days before election; ORS 248.015)
- March 12, 2024 – Last day to file for Precinct Committeeperson positions. (70 days before election; ORS 249.037)
- May 21, 2024 – Last day to file (by 8:00 p.m.) as write-in candidates for Precinct Committeeperson positions. Last day to nominate (by 8:00 p.m.) electors as write-in candidates for Precinct Committeeperson positions. (Election Day; ORS 248.019, 248.021)
- June 17, 2024 – Last day for Washington County Elections Division to mail certificates of election to Precinct Committeepersons who filed to appear on ballot. Last day for Washington County Elections Division to mail “Acceptance of Office” form to Precinct Committeepersons who were nominated as write-in candidates. (27 days after election; ORS 248.023)
- June 23, 2024 – Last day for persons elected by write-in to return signed “Acceptance of Office” form to Washington County Elections Division. (33 days after election; ORS 248.023)
- June 25, 2024 – Last day for Washington County Elections Division to send a certified list of Precinct Committeepersons to each of the county party chairpersons and state central committee chairpersons. (35 days after election; ORS 248.023)