Hello Precinct Leaders,
We will hold a Special Meeting of the Central Committee for May 2023 Endorsements on Zoom on the evening of Wednesday, March 8, 2023! We have worked hard to make the endorsement meeting easier to understand for our members, so you can go online to see the agenda and the endorsement committee’s recommendations in advance of the meeting.
How the meeting works:
- All candidates who applied for endorsement will be invited to speak for two minutes to introduce their campaign.
- Then, based on their interviews with the candidates, the endorsements committee will make their recommendation to either endorse a candidate, endorse multiple candidates, or make no endorsement.
- The committee will briefly summarize the reason for their recommendation.
- There will then be debate on the recommendation of the endorsement committee,
- followed by a vote of the membership in attendance to approve or disapprove the recommendation.
Because this is a special-purpose meeting, no business or votes other than endorsements may be considered at this meeting.
Please join the Zoom call to get credentialed by 6:30 PM at the latest! We will begin business in earnest at 7:00 p.m. Here is the link to join the call:
Join Zoom Meeting
Zoom can be used on a computer and by phone, but it is easier to use by computer. We advise to do your best to attend via a laptop or desktop. You can also join using the link with your cellphone, but the screen will be more condensed. Those without a computer can also attend by calling the number listed above, and typing in the Meeting ID.
NOTE: Zoom via the phone has more limitations. You will be limited to:
- Mute/Unmute = *6
- Raising and lowering your hand = *9
Please reach out to Martita Meier, our chair if you have any questions:
Please take a moment to review this helpful guide to having a good Zoom experience.
What to expect for online credentialing for virtual meetings
When you log in to the Zoom meeting, you will be held in a Zoom “waiting room” until a credentialing volunteer admits you to the meeting. Once in the room, if we are able to tell that you are a PCP by name or by visually recognizing you on video, we will consider you credentialed and no further action will be required. If we cannot easily recognize you by face or name and match you with our PCP list, we will interact with you to verify your identity before you are considered credentialed to vote in the meeting. Guests will also be verified in this way but will be labeled with “ZZZ-” in front of their names to help us easily tell which attendees may speak and vote.
***PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING***
SPEAKING & BEING ON MUTE
Always check your mute status before speaking; the host may have muted you if you forget to.
On a computer:
- At the bottom left corner, MUTED = RED mic with a line through it…click on it to unmute
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *6
- on a smartphone: click on PARTICIPANTS & look to the bottom toolbar
ASKING A QUESTION OR… TO SPEAK DURING A DEBATE:
On a computer:
- Use the RAISE HAND feature. Click on the PARTICIPANTS tab (bottom middle of the screen); a box will pop up to the right…on the lower tab, click on RAISE HAND & click on it again to lower.
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *9
- on a smartphone: look to the bottom right & click on RAISE HAND
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE A CURRENT (MAY 2022) ELECTED PCP or appointed at a CC meeting. If you wish to become an appointed PCP, please follow the guidelines on www.washcodems.org.