The September Central Committee Meeting is ONLINE
September 28, 2022
We will hold a Central Committee meeting on Zoom on the evening of Wednesday, September 28, 2022! Please join the Zoom call to get credentialed by 6:30 PM at the latest! We will begin business in earnest at 7:00 p.m. Here is the link to join the call:
Dial by your location:
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 983 2828 2197
We are less than 2 months out from the general election! Please join us at our regular monthly Central Committee meeting. It will take place this coming Wednesday, September 28th.
Our 2nd Vice Chair, Amelia Manlove, has recently begun working in campaign finance compliance for the state Democratic Party. She was working hard to finish out her term as our county vice chair, but recently decided it just was not possible to do anymore with her new role. Amelia has helped the party as office committee chair, finance committee chair, and the past couple of years as 2nd Vice Chair. I am thankful she will still be very active in supporting our values and priorities in her role with the state party.
- In accordance with our bylaws we will elect someone to fill out the final 5-6 weeks of the term as 2nd Vice Chair at this month’s meeting. To be clear, entirely new officers will be elected for a 2-year term at our organization meeting after the general election in November. This month we will just select someone to fill the 2nd Vice Chair role until then.
- This month we will also select two volunteers to serve as members of the Nominating Committee for our organization meeting and caring for a variety of other essential business. This month’s meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m., so we request that you try to join the Zoom call by 6:30 p.m.
- In Addition, at the request of select PCPs, A motion will be made to reconsider the endorsement of MEASURE 114
- The Endorsements and Contributions committee will be presenting their recommendations for November election contributions.
Agenda, Draft Minutes, Resolution proposals, and Rules proposals can be found in the CC Resource Center
What to expect for online credentialing for virtual meetings
When you log in to the Zoom meeting, you will be held in a Zoom “waiting room” until a credentialing volunteer admits you to the meeting. Once in the room, if we are able to tell that you are a PCP by name or by visually recognizing you on video, we will consider you credentialed and no further action will be required. If we cannot easily recognize you by face or name and match you with our PCP list, we will interact with you to verify your identity before you are considered credentialed to vote in the meeting. Guests will also be verified in this way but will be labeled with “ZZZ-” in front of their names to help us easily tell which attendees may speak and vote.
Zoom can be used on a computer and by phone, but it is easier to use by computer. We advise doing your best to attend via a laptop or desktop. You can also join using the link with your cellphone, but the screen will be more condensed. Those without a computer can also attend by calling the number listed above, and typing in the Meeting ID.
NOTE: Zoom via the phone has more limitations. You will be limited to:
- Mute/Unmute = *6
- Raising and lowering your hand = *9
Please reach out to Patrick Maguire, our chair if you have any questions:
Please take a moment to review this helpful guide to having a good Zoom experience.
***PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING***
SPEAKING & BEING ON MUTE
Always check your mute status before speaking; the host may have muted you if you forget to.
On a computer:
- At the bottom left corner, MUTED = RED mic with a line through it…click on it to unmute
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *6
- on a smartphone: click on PARTICIPANTS & look to the bottom toolbar
ASKING A QUESTION OR… TO SPEAK DURING A DEBATE:
On a computer:
- Use the RAISE HAND feature. Click on the PARTICIPANTS tab (bottom middle of the screen); a box will pop up to the right…on the lower tab, click on RAISE HAND & click on it again to lower.
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *9
- on a smartphone: look to the bottom right & click on RAISE HAND
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE A (MAY 2022) ELECTED PCP or appointed at any subsequent CC meeting. If you wish to become an appointed PCP, please follow the guidelines here > Become a PCP.