The March Central Committee Meeting is ONLINE
March 23, 2022
We will hold a Central Committee meeting on Zoom on the evening of Wednesday, March 23, 2022! Please join the Zoom call to get credentialed by 6:30 PM at the latest! We will begin business in earnest at 7:00 p.m. Here is the link to join the call:
Dial by your location:
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 983 2828 2197
- This meeting will feature a special presentation by Metro Councilors Gerritt Rosenthal and Juan Carlos Gonzalez on the work of the Metro Council in critical areas, including housing.
- We will also hear supplemental endorsement and contribution proposals from the Committee on Endorsements and Contribution Recommendations, to complement the work accomplished at the special meeting earlier this month.
- Finally, a resolution has been submitted by petition, the full text of which can be reviewed here.
Agenda, Draft Minutes, Resolution proposals, and Rules proposals can be found in the CC Resource Center
What to expect for online credentialing for virtual meetings
When you log in to the Zoom meeting, you will be held in a Zoom “waiting room” until a credentialing volunteer admits you to the meeting. Once in the room, if we are able to tell that you are a PCP by name or by visually recognizing you on video, we will consider you credentialed and no further action will be required. If we cannot easily recognize you by face or name and match you with our PCP list, we will interact with you to verify your identity before you are considered credentialed to vote in the meeting. Guests will also be verified in this way but will be labeled with “ZZZ-” in front of their names to help us easily tell which attendees may speak and vote.
Zoom can be used on a computer and by phone, but it is easier to use by computer. We advise doing your best to attend via a laptop or desktop. You can also join using the link with your cellphone, but the screen will be more condensed. Those without a computer can also attend by calling the number listed above, and typing in the Meeting ID.
NOTE: Zoom via the phone has more limitations. You will be limited to:
- Mute/Unmute = *6
- Raising and lowering your hand = *9
Please reach out to Patrick Maguire, our chair if you have any questions:
Please take a moment to review this helpful guide to having a good Zoom experience.
***PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING***
SPEAKING & BEING ON MUTE
Always check your mute status before speaking; the host may have muted you if you forget to.
On a computer:
- At the bottom left corner, MUTED = RED mic with a line through it…click on it to unmute
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *6
- on a smartphone: click on PARTICIPANTS & look to the bottom toolbar
ASKING A QUESTION OR… TO SPEAK DURING A DEBATE:
On a computer:
- Use the RAISE HAND feature. Click on the PARTICIPANTS tab (bottom middle of the screen); a box will pop up to the right…on the lower tab, click on RAISE HAND & click on it again to lower.
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *9
- on a smartphone: look to the bottom right & click on RAISE HAND
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE A RECENTLY (MAY 2020) ELECTED PCP or appointed at a CC meeting. If you wish to become an appointed PCP, please follow the guidelines on www.washcodems.org.