The East WashCo Dems Meeting is ONLINE
November 4th, 2021
Do you know who will be representing you in the state Senate, state House, and Congress in 2023?
6:30 social time 7:00 PM meeting
- When will we know for sure what these districts will look like?
- What will the elections of 2022 be like? What can each of us do to make sure that we continue to move forward?
We will be learning about the current redistricting maps in our part of the county from seasoned House District Leader and WashCo Dems Campaign Chair, Carl Fisher. A lot hinges on these new districts. The sixth Congressional District may be the swing district deciding who holds a majority in Congress. Candidates are stepping forward and we will see a list of who has expressed interest in these races. It promises to be a wild ride through 2022. Now is the time to start learning about our candidates, including many in open races.
With senator Ginny Burdick stepping down from her seat serving Senate District 18 this month, the PCP’s in that district get to participate in choosing her replacement for the rest of the term. We will be joined by Akasha Lawrence Spence who is asking PCP’s and the county commissioners to appoint her to serve us. Come to hear her vision for the next year and, also, to make sure that she knows the needs and desires of our part of this district.
Finally, we watched and worked during 2018 as Representative Courtney Neron staged an upset victory and turned HD26 blue. With redistricting, she is facing a complex new race in a reconfigured district. We will have a chance to talk with her both about her vision for the future and about how we can best support her in the next elections.
Please reach out to Carol Greenough, if you have any questions:
Learn more about the East WashCo Dems >> Click here
Topic: redistricting EWCD November 4
Time: Nov 4, 2021 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 881 3757 5646
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,88137575646# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,88137575646# US (Houston)
Zoom can be used on a computer and by phone, but it is easier to use by computer. We advise to do your best to attend via a laptop or desktop. You can also join using the link with your cellphone, but the screen will be more condensed. Those without a computer can also attend by calling the number listed above, and typing in the Meeting ID.
NOTE: Zoom via the phone has more limitations. You will be limited to:
- Mute/Unmute = *6
- Raising and lowering your hand = *9
***PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING***
Please take a moment to review this helpful guide to having a good Zoom experience.
SPEAKING & BEING ON MUTE
Always check your mute status before speaking; the host may have muted you if you forget to.
On a computer:
- At the bottom left corner, MUTED = RED mic with a line through it…click on it to unmute
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *6
- on a smartphone: click on PARTICIPANTS & look to the bottom toolbar
ASKING A QUESTION OR… TO SPEAK DURING A DEBATE:
On a computer:
- Use the RAISE HAND feature. Click on the PARTICIPANTS tab (bottom middle of the screen); a box will pop up to the right…on the lower tab, click on RAISE HAND & click on it again to lower.
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *9
- on a smartphone: look to the bottom right & click on RAISE HAND