The October Central Committee Meeting is ONLINE
October 28, 2020
We will hold a Central Committee meeting on Zoom on the evening of Wednesday, October 28, 2020! Please join the Zoom call to get credentialed by 6:30 PM at the latest! We will begin business in earnest at 7:00 p.m. Here is the link to join the call on the 28th:
Join Zoom Meeting
Dial by your location:
- +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
- Meeting ID: 983 2828 2197
The agenda for our meeting, as well as resolutions for review in the Central Committee Resource Center.
Zoom can be used on a computer and by phone, but it is easier to use by computer. We advise to do your best to attend via a laptop or desktop. You can also join using the link with your cellphone, but the screen will be more condensed. Those without a computer can also attend by calling the number listed above, and typing in the Meeting ID.
NOTE: Zoom via the phone has more limitations. You will be limited to:
- Mute/Unmute = *6
- Raising and lowering your hand = *9
Please reach out to Patrick Maguire, our chair if you have any questions:
Please take a moment to review this helpful guide to having a good Zoom experience.
Less than 2 weeks now until Election Day! This is the time to be making every last effort to turn out voters and volunteer with campaigns to make the difference in close elections!
As you know, our Organizational Meeting where we elect county party leadership and delegates to the state party will be happening on Saturday, November 21, 2020. Current PCP’s should have received an email with a link to the ballot for the nominating committee for the upcoming reorganizational meeting for the county party. If you are a PCP, please make sure to vote on that ballot prior to the October Central CC meeting.
What to expect for online credentialing for virtual meetings
***PLEASE MUTE WHEN NOT SPEAKING***
SPEAKING & BEING ON MUTE
Always check your mute status before speaking; the host may have muted you if you forget to.
On a computer:
- At bottom left corner, MUTED = RED mic with a line through it…click on it to unmute
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *6
- on a smartphone: click on PARTICIPANTS & look to the bottom toolbar
ASKING A QUESTION OR… TO SPEAK DURING A DEBATE:
On a computer:
- Use the RAISE HAND feature. Click on the PARTICIPANTS tab (bottom middle of the screen); a box will pop up to the right…on the lower tab, click on RAISE HAND & click on it again to lower.
On a phone:
- If you dialed in with the phone number: Use *9
- on a smartphone: look to bottom right & click on RAISE HAND
DO NOT VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE A RECENTLY (MAY 2020) ELECTED PCP or appointed at the July/August/September CC meeting. If you wish to become an appointed PCP, please follow the guidelines on the www.washcodems.org.