Forum for DPO Candidates
Meet the future leadership of the Democratic Party of Oregon!
Announcing a forum for Democratic Party of Oregon Candidates for Chair, 1st & 2nd Vice-Chairs, and Secretary.
A new set of officers will be elected to lead the Democratic Party through the 2020 Democratic National Convention and Election (no current officers are running for reelection).
- Candidates will be asked to share their vision and plans for the Democratic Party of Oregon
- Submit your questions beforehand by Wednesday March 6
- Candidates include:
- Chair: Christine Chin Ryan, KC Hanson, Russell McAlmond, Peter Nordbye
- Vice-Chairs (2): Rachelle Dixon, Pete Lee; Robert Lettin, Tena Olson, Michelle Risher
- Secretary: Eileen Kiely, Sarah Spansail
- The Chair and First Vice Chair will serve as Oregon’s 4th & 5th members to the Democratic National Committee and will belong to the Association of Democratic Chairs.
- Candidates will be either live in Hillsboro or live-streamed through the Internet.
Election will occur on March 17, 2019 at the DPO Reorganization Meeting at Central High School, 1530 Monmouth St, Independence, OR . State Central Committee delegates will be voting for the new leadership. If you are not an SCC delegate, you are welcome to share your candidate preferences with the SCC delegates elected from your county.
PRESENTING SPONSORS OF THE FORUM
- Democratic Party Central Committees of Washington, Multnomah, Clackamas, Marion and Jackson counties.
This is not an event of the Democratic Party of Oregon. Donations will be accepted and greatly appreciated to defray event costs.
- March 8, 2019 7:00 – 9:30 PM
- Doors open at 6:30
- ON SITE
- ON THE INTERNET- Counties are welcome to organize viewing parties
Tickets are free but needed in order to plan ahead and ensure first come first serve. Also, don’t forget to submit your questions beforehand.
Seating in Hillsboro is limited, so tickets are highly recommended.
Tickets are also available for online viewing, which will ensure receipt of the event URL.
Obtain tickets at: