On Thursday January 31st, the new Oregon legislature released a draft of their environment bill. In Section 11, semi-conductor manufacturers get to continue to pollute at no extra charge for 5 years. That includes Intel which is opening a new facility in Hillsboro.
Here is supporting documentation:
- Draft of Oregon’s cap-and-trade bill
- Contact Dale Feik, project manager at Hillsboro Air & Water, at 503-504-5972 for more details
- Washington County Democrats passed a resolution in 2015 about Intel’s emissions
- Washington County Citizen Action Network, Dale Feik is the former chair.
- Click on Intel links, in particular the resources and media. You can read the huge amounts of toxic air emissions that Intel is currently allowed to emit into our common airshed.
Take action and attend the meeting!
- Intel Ronler Acres Campus, 2501 NE Century Blvd, Hillsboro 97124, but at RA 3 Presentation Room off of NE Butler Street and NE 60th Place in the direction of the parking structures. Free parking is in PARK 2 Garage. Then follow the signs to RA3 Presentation Room.
- Monday, Feb 4th from 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Not sure what to say?
Let Intel know you live in this community and are concerned about transparency in complying with local regulations and that your family and community deserve clean air.